Online Marketing & Search Engine Optimization
You know it’s important to be found in online search. Well it certainly can be – when you are found for the right products or services, by the right people at the right time. Your website is the hub for all online marketing. When businesses come to us and want to talk about SEO or getting found online, we first look at their existing site structure. What’s working, what isn’t?
- Who are you talking to?
- How are they looking for what you do or sell?
- How competitive is the online space?
- What do we need to change on the website itself?
- How will we continue to optimize the website?
Search Engine Marketing. Search Engine Optimization. Etc.
You can call it search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), inbound marketing – it’s all about bringing traffic into your site via search. And, it is not a one-time thing. It’s a marathon.
Three Phases of SEO
- Website Marketing Plan – SEO Road Map
- Update Website Structure – New Website or Fix Existing Site
- Ongoing (Content) Marketing
It’s not so different from regular marketing communications plans. You create the plan, get to work on immediate items and tangible pieces, then continue to implement the tactics consistently, measuring results along the way.
Main On-Page SEO Elements.
Your Website Foundation
Over the last 10 years we have been involved in search engine optimization strategies and implementation for clients of all shapes, sizes and industries. There have been many trends, white hat and black hat providers, Google algorithm changes (Panda, Penguin and others) – yet the foundational things have NEVER changed.
Some websites that we created years ago with a strong foundation are still delivering solid results for our clients. Think of a weight loss plan. There are fads, trends, promises to drop weight in 21 days – yet you know it is really proper diet and exercise that will result in consistent weight-loss and weight maintenance. SEO is kind of the same way.
- Create a strong web marketing plan. Know your audiences, how they search online for what you do, and use that information to create your keyword list, pages needed on the website and content to fill those pages.
- Build a solid website foundation. Whether a new site or updating the current site, these are the big foundational items to update with the right things in the right place.
- Page Titles
- Heading Tags
- Body Content
- Image Alt Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Internal Site Links
- Keep the website fresh and relevant. Consistently add to your website content through blogs, articles, news, events, case studies, videos (transcribed), and white papers.
- Build your digital footprint. Share and promote that content through your other marketing channels: social media, email marketing, direct mail, events, paid online ads, etc.
You will do things, test things, measure things, learn and adjust. Continue.
We’re here to do this for you – because you have a business to run, sales to close, and things to do. Contact us today and let us know how we can help.