Online Marketing & Search Engine Optimization Services
Components of Online Marketing & SEO Onboarding
You know it’s important to be found in an online search. Most certainly, when the right people find your products or services at the right time. Your website is the hub for all of your online marketing. And it’s your number one salesperson.
When businesses come to us to talk about SEO or getting found online, we first look at their existing digital structure - what’s working, what isn’t?
We also dissect search inquiries through your eyes, as well as the consumers:
- Who are you talking to?
- How are they looking for what you do or sell?
- How competitive is the online space?
- What do we need to change on the website itself?
- How will we continue to optimize the website?
- What other factors impact your position in the search engines? (more than you’d think)
Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization - Call it What You Want
You can call it search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), or inbound marketing - it’s all about bringing traffic into your site via search. And, it is not a one-time thing - it’s a marathon.
Three Phases of SEO
- Website Foundation - Create your SEO strategy & road map
- Update Website Structure - Determine whether to build a new website or enhance the existing site
- Ongoing Content Marketing - Utilizing on-page and off-page strategies, including local search
Search engine marketing strategies aren't so different from regular marketing communications plans. You review what’s working and what’s not, conduct your SWOT analysis, create the plan, get to work on immediate items and tangible pieces, then continue to implement the tactics consistently, measuring results along the way.
Main On-Page SEO Elements That Impact Your Website
Your Website Foundation
Over the last 10+ years, we have been involved in search engine optimization strategies and implementation for clients of all shapes, sizes, and industries.
Through the many trends, tools, and Google algorithm changes (Panda, Penguin, and others), one thing remains the same - the foundational blocks that make great SEO.
Websites that we created years ago with a strong foundation continue to deliver solid results for our clients. Think of a weight loss plan.
There are fads, trends, promises to drop weight in 21 days - yet, you know it is really a proper diet and exercise that will result in consistent weight loss and weight maintenance. SEO is kind of the same way.
How Do You Start Your SEO Implementation?
- Create a strong web marketing plan. Know your audiences, how they search online for what you do, and use that information to create your keyword list, required website pages, and relevant content to fill those pages.
- Build a solid website foundation. Whether building a new site or updating the current site, these are the major foundational items for every page:
- Page Titles
- URL structure
- Heading Tags (H1, H2, etc.)
- Body Content
- Image Alt Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Internal Site Links
- Keep the website fresh and relevant. Consistently add to your website content through blogs, articles, news, events, case studies, videos (transcribed), and white papers. It even helps to update already existing blogs to keep the piece relevant to the current times.
- Build your digital footprint. Share and promote your content through other marketing channels, including social media, email marketing, direct mail, events, paid online ads, etc.
Proper SEO requires constant action, development, testing, measuring, learning and adjusting.
We’re here to make this happen for you - because you have a business to run, sales to close, and things to do. Contact us today and let us know how we can help.