The WordPress Web Project Manager manages all aspects of website design and development for client websites. Previous experience with WordPress is required.
As the WordPress Web Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall administration, client communication, and project timelines for website development projects. You will work in collaboration with others and coordinate efforts between SEO planning, content development, website design, website development, and much more to bring the site together. Duties of this role include new website projects in addition to maintaining and supporting existing websites.
WordPress Web Project Manager Job Responsibilities
As Web Project Manager, you will oversee and assist leadership in managing ongoing client websites and design work. This involves monitoring project plans, website development schedules, work hours, budgets, participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met.
To be successful as our Web Project Manager, you will need to:
- Possess exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Use various software and online tools
- Support our website designer and website development
- Create and implement website project plans, schedules, work hours based on budget
- Create and present new ideas, develop strategies, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities to address client issues
- Plan and direct client website meetings
- Document and follow up on all action items and decisions from meetings
- Ensure project deadlines are met, and on budget, while maintaining the project management calendar using Asana
- Identify project changes and scope changes, and
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in managing & maintaining WordPress websites
- Ability to identify, install and implement plugins for site functionality: forms, calendars, security, SEO, integrate via API key with email platforms, and others
- Ability to fix issues or errors as clients come to us with bugs or items they aren’t able to resolve
- Ability to manage multiple website projects at one time
- Ability to install and customize child themes for client websites
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Possess a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and SEO (preferred)
- Track time by client to ensure we are within the scope of work and hours for client agreements
- Conduct all client/vendor contact in a professional and highly ethical manner
- Be proactive in continuous learning of web development and web marketing
- Communicate directly and consistently with the team, including vendors and contractors, and
- Utilize the project management system to create and assign tasks to yourself and other team members
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience. The position is available for a full or part-time person.
- Commission structure for new business and referrals
- Cell phone or Wi-Fi stipend provided up to $75/mo
- Remote work is available and acceptable
- Office space available in Grand Rapids with free parking
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Paid holidays are incorporated into our vacation approach in that we offer a flexible schedule, knowing our typical workday is not 8 to 5. Observed holidays include:
- New Year’s Day (2 days)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (2 days)
- Your Birthday
About RED66 Marketing
RED66 Marketing has many long-standing clients in which we are an extension of their marketing team. In addition, we work with several businesses each year to create, develop and implement marketing strategies and company websites. While marketing and websites are everything to us, they are just a portion of what clients do every day. So, we work extremely hard to think like our clients and use their perspectives while helping to take away their burden of building and maintaining their websites. We support our clients any way we can and help them understand how things work.
Websites are HUB of our client marketing efforts. Our services include ongoing SEO/SEM, content creation, blogging, email marketing, social media marketing, website development and support, graphic design and more. We are a small, effective team, which works collaboratively with our clients to best meet their needs.
Working WITH Us
You’ve got to be really passionate about marketing and helping clients win through a mix of marketing tactics. Our goal is to create clients for life! Which means we must be easy to do work with. Our team acts as the single point of contact for clients who count on us to get things done and done well. Attention to detail, reporting on our work and always asking what else we can do are core to how we operate. We run on EOS and have an EOS coach who’s lead continuous improvement in how we operate and work with our clients. So, if you Get it, Want it, and Have the Capacity to tackle this role, we want to talk with you.
Sound like you? Apply now!