Our team is growing and we’re looking for a self-starter who’s able to keep website design & development projects on track with timelines, coordinating with different team members to bring content, design, SEO, development and client communication together.
The Web Project Manager provides overall website support to ensure the effective execution of customer objectives for their websites. This includes new website projects as well as maintenance and upgrades for existing website clients.
The position encompasses administration, client communication, project tracking duties, search engine marketing knowledge and more. Websites are the HUB for all of our client marketing efforts. Agency work also includes email marketing, blog posting, social media marketing and more. You will work closely with our internal team, contractors and clients to best meet client needs and timelines. Since we are a small, effective team, all of us must also be willing to create and present new ideas, develop strategies and demonstrate problem-solving abilities to address client issues.
Web Project Manager Job Responsibilities
As Web Project Manager, you will be in charge of assisting our leadership in managing our ongoing client website design and development work. This involves monitoring project plans, website development schedules, work hours, budgets, participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as part of our team and in the Web Project Manager role, you will need to be able to work on deadlines, be competent in using various software and online tools, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, and budgets where applicable
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings when necessary.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings – notes and action items specifically
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Determining project changes and scope
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Undertaking project tasks as required
- Developing website and design project strategies
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Maintain project management calendar using Asana for fulfilling each task
- WordPress website maintenance and troubleshooting – update images, upgrade plugins, fix website errors when communicated by clients and more. You will also work with our development team for larger development projects as needed.
- Experience with WordPress website development and maintenance is required
- Be wiling to take on new challenges and learn new things to improve work for our clients.
- Track time by client to ensure we are within scope of work and hours for client agreements
- Conduct all client/vendor contact in a professional, highly ethical manner.
- Be proactive in continued learning the trade of marketing, web marketing and digital work our agency focuses on
- Be instrumental in working with our contractors to push the envelope with graphic and website design/development
- Communicate directly and consistently with the team, including vendors and contractors
- Utilize project management system to create and assign tasks to yourself and other team members
The nature of our business allows our staff to work from home or remote often. Some of our staff are based in Indiana and others here in West Michigan. We do have an office space in Grand Rapids where local employees work from during the week. Your schedules are flexible as long as work is being completed in a timely manner.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a flexible work schedule and remote tools to support work-life “balance”.
- Cell phone reimbursement $75/month
- Commission is offered at 5% Commission of Net Profit of New Business that you bring in.
- Employees will be reimbursed for business expenses incurred on behalf of a client or the agency
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid holidays, including your birthday & vacation time
- Simple IRA starting 3rd Quarter 2020